Speed Painting Blood Bowl Skaven - Part 2

In part one of this project I detailed my work choosing a uniform for these rats and included an image of the miniatures with their base colors applied.

SquadPainter Blood Bowl Skaven Skavenblight Speed Painting wash Agrax Earthshade Scramblers alternative colors

Here are the Skaven after washing over the base colors with Games Workshop's Agrax Earthshade.

The Vallejo Game Color paints are muted by the Agrax Earthshade, but the payoff is in the quick and easy shadows created by the wash. All of the details and sculpting suddenly appeared and it looks like I spent far more time on the miniatures than I actually did.

Using colors that work with the same wash is a huge time-saver. I didn't have to go into each detail and pick out different areas. Once large brush over the whole mini did the job.

The miniatures look great as they are, but they'll look even better once a few highlights are applied.


Comments

Popular Posts