Speed Painting Blood Bowl Skaven - Part 1

I finished painting my first two Blood Bowl teams from the core box: the Humans and the Orcs. I wanted to expand the game with another team. Which should I pick? Skillful elves? Sneaky goblins? I wanted a team that played differently that my other two.  

Skaven Scramblers Speed Painting Blood Bowl 28mm Rats Fantasy Football Miniatures SquadPainter Vallejo Game Color basecoating

I finally decided on the fast-running mutated rats: Skaven! I didn't like the paint scheme that was featured on the box, or the one that is shown in the Games Workshop quick-paint video. After checking out a few alternatives, I spotted a livery that I fancied.

Here they are in their basecoated state. I started with a dark brown over the whole model which was primed white. Then I added the flesh tones of Vallejo Game Color Dwarf Skin. After that I used VGC Terracotta for the orange base color. The final color will be a bright orange, but if I started with that it would take many layers to cover the dark brown as oranges tend to be translucent. After that I added black and gold. The off-white will look good; it'll make the miniatures pop when it is done!

Next up: finishing up the last of the basecoat colors... then a wash of GW Agrax Earthshade.

Comments

Popular Posts