Stripping Paint Off of Miniatures - DFC Cruiser

As I was working on my Dropfleet Commander UCM Cruisers I went through a number of different ideas for paint schemes. As it turned out, my test ship ended up with too many trial coats of paint; the details lost their crispness when compared to the other ships. I made the decision: I had to paint strip that miniature.
Stripping paint off of miniatures tutorial Dropfleet Commander UFC SuperClean
BEFORE
I was in a hurry to finish the fleet so I decided to use my ultra-sonic cleaner and a solution of 1:1 SuperClean with water. Normally when I strip I use pure SuperClean, but I wanted to experiment with a thinned solution for this job.
ultrasonic cleaner Stripping paint off of miniatures tutorial Dropfleet Commander UFC SuperClean
After 4-5 cycles (about 2-3 minutes per cycle) it was time to take a look at the ship and see how the stripping turned out. Would it remove the primer and the Vallejo Model Color paints?
Stripping paint off of miniatures tutorial Dropfleet Commander UFC SuperClean Hawk War-games
Stripping paint off of miniatures tutorial Dropfleet Commander UFC SuperClean after SquadPainter
AFTER
Amazing! SuperClean wins the day again. There wasn't a discernible speck of paint left on the model. The plastic was stained a bit from the Armory black primer that I used, but that was fine as I was just going to re-prime it and paint the ship up again. I have since finished the three cruisers and if I didn't know already, I'd swear that it was never painted before.

_________________
Related

Comments

Popular Posts