On my Painting Table - November 2017

I've been busy painting recently. Here is a quick snapshot of my painting table:

SquadPainter Painting Table UCM cruiser dropfleet commander perry roses archers speed painting

I am halfway done with some Dropfleet Commander UCM Cruisers. You can see the completed frigates in the background. I'm using Vallejo Model Color on them.

In the back is a third retinue of Perry Miniatures War of the Roses Archers. I am using the zenithal highlighting priming technique on them paired with Thomas David's painting techniques.

Next to them are the two Space Marines that I used for my initial foray into T.D.'s speed painting techniques.



Comments

  1. How are you finding dropfleet? The Cub and I were looking at it a ways back, but never took the plunge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dropfleet Commander was written by Andy Chambers, who penned Battlefleet Gothic. He took the best ideas from that game and made it better with DFC.

    The three altitudes makes for interesting tactics. Infinite weapon range coupled with ship signatures for targeting is a fun idea. Should I run silent, or blaze away? If I sent a small corvette to pepper a huge cruiser with shots, it will light it up for my heavy guns waiting in the wings. That's fun tactics.

    It has beautiful models with detail that's easy to pick out with washes and drybrushing. The rulebook is stunning. The bases are fiddly fun. The gameplay area is 3x3 or 4x4 so it fits where other games can't. The Launch Assets make me feel like I'm in an episode of BSG.

    I couldn't resist.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts