Winter War Soviets - Easy with Army Painter

I am finally feeling well enough to be able to sit upright and paint again. What a relief. It has been a long road back. Thank you all again for your thoughts and prayers. I appreciate your emails and comments. Okay now, without further ado, here are some WW2 Winter War Soviets in 20mm, beautifully sculpted by Combat Miniatures.


I picked up a number of packs from Stonewall Figures in the UK. They are a solid company to work with! I was pleased to find that the figure sculpting was easy to paint and pick out, even at their small size. There was some flash to get rid of, but it didn't take too long with my Xacto and files. I missed one mould line and the Quickshade picked it out, but I'm not going to worry about it. You'd never spot it in a game.


Notice their shlems with the stars upon thars. Very nice! I thought the snow basing turned out well too. From the tabletop they look amazing!


I painted them using simple block colors with Reaper's MSP line. Then they had the Army Painter Quickshade brushed on, and were finished up with a few highlights and varnish. They are very, very fast to paint up this way and you get an above-average wargames quality result. I couldn't be happier!

Comments

Popular Posts