Battlegroup Kursk - Italeri Sd. Kfz. 11 & PAK 40 - Part 3

Here we are! The Sd. Kfz. 11 is complete! Well, it is built... the paint will be coming soon.


Overall I am pretty pleased with the results. My building expertise is lacking, but it was my first one so I'll grade it on a curve. It is a clean little model and I am impressed with the amount of detail on it.



The detail leads me to a conundrum: do I paint it as is or put it on a base? I really like the look of armor on the table just running over stuff and blending into the scenery, but in his photos Piers mounts his on bases. The diorama effect on those bases is pretty neat... and it almost makes up for the incongruity of having flowers and grass following a tank along a cobbled road. The base would make it easier to pick up and it would lessen the chance of bits breaking off. Hmmm... I'll have to think about it.




It took a while to put together and I don't know how I would find the time to do a whole army like this. Some people just do these sorts of kits for their command vehicles. That sounds like a good idea.

Next up is the PAK 40 and then painting!

Comments

Popular Posts