Beginnings - My First Figure

So I was thinking about it and I thought that the best way to begin would be to tell of where I started out. That way I can give the illusion of progress without having to do anything.


D&D vintage wizard Ral Partha Polly S acrylic Military Emporium
When I was in junior high I was given a basic boxed D&D game by my aunt for Christmas. After exploring what was there (where is the board?...) I learned that you could buy little figures to go along with the game. Neat! I picked up some Ral Partha miniatures and some Polly S acrylics and got to work. The wizard was my first figure that I painted and I still have him today. Not too bad for 12 years old.

Comments

  1. Thank you! I love the figure; it's so evocative of that era's D&D. I can't imagine thinking that's appropriate apparel for exploring a dungeon, but it didn't strike me at the time. It's so different than the 3rd edition costumes with their belts and straps and pouches and gear and brown.

    Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts