Bicorne English Civil War Cavalry using Base–Wash–Highlight
My Pikeman's Lament forces lean heavily toward infantry so far. I decided to remedy that with some splendid cavalry from Bicorne's 28mm line. My first decision was to paint the riders with the horses. I wanted the crevasses between the rider and horse to fill with shadow and wash, so I mounted them together before priming.
Mounting Riders Onto Their Horses
I had some trouble mounting them until I read about pinning with green stuff. That made it easy. I drilled out the rider and the saddle. Then I clipped a paper clip to the proper length. I put some drops of Loctite Ultragel Control Super Glue in the holes and made a small ball of greenstuff. Then I smooshed them together. The greenstuff held the rider in place while everything set. I liked that I could make fine adjustments to their positioning. I waited 24 hours to let everything dry. Next I primed them up and used some color mixes from the excellent 1898 Miniatures site.
They look good so far.
I'll share some pictures of them in my next post after I apply the wash and add a few highlights.
Happy New Year!
Post a Comment