A Song of Ice and Fire - Stark Sworn Swords

A couple of years ago, Cool Mini or Not (CMON) Kickstarted a miniatures game called A Song of Ice and Fire. Ever since the early days of Warhammer, I've wanted to get into a flank-and-file game. I spotted the Stark and Lannister Starter Set on sale and I couldn't resist. It has over 100 miniatures in the box!
ASoIaF Stark Sworn Swords Tutorial How to Paint Primed CMON

I started with two units of Stark Sworn Swords. I'm following the tutorial from Pete the Wargamer which seems to be a quick way to get the troops onto the table. Pete uses Army Painter paints primarily, whereas I'll be using Vallejo Game Color equivalents.

ASoIaF Stark Sworn Swords Tutorial How to Paint Primed CMON A Song of Ice and Fire SquadPainter
If you look carefully, you'll spot my test figure in the middle of the mob.

There's no assembly required (hooray!), so it was straight to priming. I used Tamiya light gray primer. Next I airbrushed them with a light blue color. After that was brown for the boots and shield. There's more work to do, and I'll cover it in my next post. Interestingly, this process doesn't just use washes straight from the bottle... it adds a special twist!


Comments

Popular Posts