Wars of the Roses Archers - Quickshade Finished!

In part 1 and part 2 I detailed assembly, and the Quickshade dip. Here are the archers all based up and ready for those pesky Lancastrians. I think that they turned out pretty well, especially the faces, bows and pants.
After the Army Painter Quickshade Strong Tone dried, I went over some of the colors with some quick highlights. The faces had a few dabs of light flesh paint added to the cheeks, chin, and fingers.

The metal bits were painted Vallejo Model Air chrome and then washed with Games Workshop Nuln Oil. A few chrome highlights were quickly added here and there.

The bowstrings (added with brass wire during assembly) were painted and carefully dotted. Finally, the figures were varnished and based onto Litko 40x40mm wood bases.

It was a fun project that went very quickly. I have some more Wars of the Roses archers that I’m basecoating now. I’ll post pictures of them soon.


Comments

Popular Posts