Polish 1939 Test Figure #2

I tried a second Early War Miniatures Polish WW2 20mm test figure (on the left) and this is how it turned out. This time I primed with Duplicolor White Sandable Primer to brighten up the miniature.

Second Test Figure                               First Test Figure
Next I bascoated the colors in lighter shades than my first attempt. Then I applied Army Painter Quickshade Strong Tone. After drying for 24 hours, I applied a few highlights before I stopped.

Good
  • Brighter colors work better overall
  • Easily picked out details

Bad
  • It's still muddy looking
  • It is flatter looking than my first attempt
  • Any missed mold lines, etc. during prep are detailed by the Quickshade
  • It is busier than the first figure

Maybe I should have applied another highlight before I judged it, but this is where I stopped. Both of these attempts are good, but I was hoping for a different outcome. I'll try a few more techniques and post my results.


Comments

Popular Posts