Wargaming Goals for 2018

Happy New Year! It seems like 2017 went by so quickly and although I did complete some great projects, I find this year that I want to finish more models over the next 365 days.
FeR Miniatures Italio-Norman 75mm figure
Purchased and awaiting paint... I hope that I can do it justice!

I have so many areas that I like that it will be hard to focus: Dropfleet Commander Shaltari, 75mm Resin FeR Italio-Norman Warrior, Miniatures Dropfleet Sector Cities, Dropfleet Launch Assets, Bushido Ito Clan, Guild Ball Brewers and Farmers and Masons and Fishermen, 28mm War of the Roses Archers, Space Hulk Terminators, EPIC Squats, EPIC Titan Legion, EPIC Heresy Space Marine Death Guard, Blood Bowl Scibor Dwarves, Dropfleet UCM Battleships, wargaming with Battles from the Age of Reason, 10mm Napoleonics and Seven Years War, 20mm WW2 Germans from AB Miniatures, further developing my speed painting technique, paint Memoir '44 figures with my son, make some Pixel Block teams for TechnoBowl, play Up Front, learn how to play Napoleon's Triumph, ... the list just goes on and on. So, I need some focus if I am going to get anything done, right?

Isn't that ridiculous? I definitely need focus and direction to achieve anything. My primary goal is to get more done; to FINISH. I'd also like to continue practicing my new speed painting technique. In addition to adding to my current forces, I'd like to try some new ideas such as painting differently scaled miniatures, possibly integrating a wet pallete, or more airbrushing.
EPIC Space Marine Games Workshop Heresy Death Guard 6mm SquadPainter
Okay, so here are my goals for 2018:
  • Paint a Dropfleet Shaltari fleet (4 cruisers and 8 frigates) and play Dropfleet Commander
  • Play BAR's new game Mollwitz & Chotusitz
  • Paint a 3,000 point EPIC Heresy Space Marine Death Guard Army
  • Play Space Hulk with painted miniatures
  • Paint a new scale: 75mm Italio-Norman Warrior
  • Paint 10mm Samples from Pendraken (Napoleonic and SYW Prussians)
  • Fabricate 6 Pixel Block teams for Techno Bowl
  • Finish WotRs Archers
  • Paint two Guild Ball teams

Is that too many? Is it not enough? What projects are your goals this year? Please comment below. It should be a great year!



Comments

Popular Posts