Dropfleet Commander - UCM Cruisers Finished

Great news! I recently finished my Dropfleet Commander Cruisers from the Dropfleet Commander Starter Box and they turned out very nicely!
Dropfleet Commander UCM Frigate tutorial how to paint
Apart from the dotting of the lights, they were easy to paint; I drybrushed most of it with Vallejo Model Color paints.
Dropfleet Commander DFC UCM Frigate Tutorial Easy Vallejo paints drybrushing
The excellent sculpting detail of the models made it easy to get a great result.

It is tricky to get a good picture of the ships. I intentionally painted the underparts of the ship darker so the lights would pop more. However, the camera has a hard time with that; in person there isn't as much contrast between the top and the bottom surfaces.


Comments

  1. Hard to believe these UCM ships were mainly drybrushed, they've come out very nicely indeed. You mention a 'contour brush' in early posts do I better look into them then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Ragsta! Yes, they were mostly drybrushed using and ELF Contour Brush that I picked up at Target for around $3. I've found them to be superior to most other miniature drybrushes offered by Citadel, etc. They are half the price and hold up really well. The makeup section is a great place to find unique brushes for our hobby!

      I think the key to the drybrushing is to really make sure that your brush ISN'T leaving any more paint on the paper before applying it to the model. There will be some left and it will mostly go on the edges in a pleasing way.

      Directional drybrushing is also important.

      I'm glad you like the models. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts