Epic Warlord Pike & Shotte Infantry

Now that the test strip is done, it's time to switch to mass production. My bases are 45x45mm so I had to perform some surgery on the strips.

Squadpainter painted Warlord Epic Pike & Shotte 15mm historical miniatures with GW Contrast Paints

Trim to fit

Each strip has 10 figures across and my bases fit 8 (for pike... shotte fit 7 across), so I snipped one off of each side. I did some quick carving to give the impression of an arm and called it good.

Just like the test strip I started with Tamiya Light Gray spray, followed by Vallejo Model Color White drybrushing.

Warlord Epic Pike & Shotte pike infantry Tamiya Gray Spray primed with a few colors applied
After that it was just GW Contrast Paints. It's easy and fast.

Front of pike strip 15mm miniatures from Warlord Games painted with green Games Workshop Contrast Paint

Back of 15mm English Civil War 15mm Warlord miniatures speed painted

I've just finished the rest of the figures for the first unit... there are close to 100 figures!

Comments

  1. Very very nice looking figures beautifully painted.
    Thanks for sharing.


    Willz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Willz! The Contrast Paint does the heavy lifting here. It does take some brush control, but every strip completed yields fewer and fewer errors. I've affixed some to stands already and they look great!

      Thanks for the comment!
      – Jeff

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts