ASOIAF - Stark Sworn Swords Finished!

 I finished up my Stark Sworn Swords a while ago, but neglected to post pix of them. So, here they are. There are two stands and each has 12 figures. 

I painted them quickly using speed painting techniques which I described in previous posts. After I finished basecoating I applied an Army Painter wash of Strong Tone mixed 1:1 with AP Quickshade Medium to the whole figure. Using the medium works wonders: it allows the tone to get into the recesses and doesn't affect the base color as much. 

The Home Stretch

After the wash dried I applied a few line highlights to the blue bits and boots. After that I smeared some Vallejo Dark Earth pumice paste, spread some snow bits and then added some wintery tufts. Done!



Pros

I love how fast everything went. I've never painted 24 figures so quickly before. They look really good together. The wash/medium mix was magical.

Second Thoughts

I'm not too sure about the basing. This was my first attempt to do snowy bases. I think I'm not used to a sparse base. What I might do is purchase a winter game mat and see how it looks in context with snowy pines, etc.


Next up: Lannister Guardsmen!


Comments

Popular Posts