Speed Painting a Blood Bowl Ogre Tutorial – Part 1

My good friend Will picked up a Games Workshop Blood Bowl Ogre for me last Christmas. He was concerned that my puny Human Team required some punch to be competitive. What better choice that an ogre?
GW Blood Bowl Ogre SquadPainter Speed Painting Tutorial
The picture above shows the base colors applied. There was a lot of detail to pick out and that took some time. The key to working quickly here is to not worry about slopping into unpainted adjacent areas. For example, I didn't pick around the threads on the pants when I painted the cloth. I painted the whole thigh with the off-white color, and then picked out the threads later.
Games Workshop Blood Bowl Ogre SquadPainter Speed Painting How-To Step-by-step

Zenithal Priming

Even though I didn't use washes for this model, the zenithal priming saved me time by easily highlighting the different sections on the model as well as lightening the model which required fewer layers to get the bright colors I wanted.

Below is a shot of the model well on its way. I think I did the flesh next, and then the metals.
Blood Bowl Ogre SquadPainter Speed Painting Game Color Paint Basecoating completed
 Next up: washing the entire model with GW's Agrax Earthshade at full strength.

Comments

Popular Posts