Speed Painting Blood Bowl Skaven - Part 3

After my work basecoating the Skaven and then brushing on the wash, it's time to bring them closer to the finish line with some highlighting.

Highlights & Drybrushing

As you can see below, I've finished up the highlights. I used both layering and a quick drybrush to achieve these speedy results.

Blood Bowl Skaven Speed Paint How To Tutorial dry brushing

Quick layers were applied to the orange, flesh, and teeth/claws. 

Blood Bowl Speed Painting Drybrush SquadPainter Edge Highlight Skavenblight

The real timesaver was achieved by lightly drybrushing a light cream color over the whole miniature! Click on a picture to see how it placed those perfect ridge lines on the shoulder pads. The fur texture was enhanced. The skin was brightened on the edges. The Gutter Runner cloak has a crisp edge. This step only took me 15 seconds on each model, and the results speak for themselves.

Next Up – Varnish and Basing

I'll post pictures of the finished models soon.

Comments

  1. Good work!
    I have just built my Skaven team so may just pinch a few of your ideas...
    Best wishes,
    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeremy,
      Please do! I hope that you are as pleased with your team as I am with mine.
      Keep an eye out... I'll be posting the final images of this team soon. They will be based and I was particularly pleased with how the Warpstone football turned out!
      May you never run out of re-rolls,
      Jeff

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts