Early War Miniatures - Polish WW2 Infantry in 20mm

Early World War 2 has always interested me, and after my practically perfect wife gifted a copy of Battlegroup: Blitzkrieg for me, I knew that I had to gather up some combatants and paint them up.

Early War Miniatures Polish Infantry WW2 1939 SquadPainter 20mm
I started with Case White. Even with a poorly planned general strategy and outnumbered in most battles, the Polish troops inflicted many casualties onto the rampaging Wehrmacht.

I had already settled on Polish armor from the excellent First to Fight, but I needed some infantry. I did some research and found a splendid source. This is a figure from the affordable Early War Miniatures out of their Polish Early War collection.

Early War Miniatures Polish Infantry WW2 1939 SquadPainter 20mm Metal 1/72
It is 20mm and it has a nice bit of detail on it. In addition to this marching pose, there are many other infantry poses, spare equipment, command figures, anti-tank rifles, machine guns, cavalry, and more.

Early War Miniatures Polish Infantry WW2 1939 SquadPainter 20mm 1/72 1/76 Case White
I should be able easily pick the belt pouches, rifle, collar, and other details and equipment.

Now... what colors and technique should I use?


Comments

  1. If your looking for inspiration for your Polish forces check out the BrushesandBayonets.blogspot.com blog he has done some superb work in 15mm.

    Cheers, Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Richard! I headed over there. You weren't kidding; he's done a lot of work during the 1939 period.

      Thanks for the tip!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts