A Wargaming Enthusiast's Christmas Wish List for 2017

So, what's on your Christmas list this year? My family has a long tradition of drafting Christmas Lists for those who request them. Two factors lead to its inception: Sears Wishbook catalogs which filled my head with visions of gratuitous Christmas morning excess, and my mother's propensity to give unfortunate presents to others (e.g., plastic, motion-sensing parakeets).
SquadPainter Christmas List Bushido New Dawn Rules
Although the Sears Wishbook isn't what it once was, my mother still needs firm guidance so the list making lives on. It's helpful for those of us who would rather unwrap a 1/72 scale German Panzer F from PSC as opposed to... socks... or a plastic budgie.

Here's a peek at what I hope will be under the tree for me:

  • Dropfleet Commander Shaltari ships (easy to paint and strategic gameplay)
  • Bushido skirmish game miniatures (stunning miniatures and a fun ruleset)
  • Battlegroup Tobruk rulebook (fantastic WW2 ruleset)
  • New Guild Ball plastics (very controversial)

I'm not above taking matters into my own hands and wrapping up something special for myself at Christmastime. Are you wrapping up something for yourself to open? Last year it was a Scalextric Maserati Trofeo car. This year I might treat myself to some Pendraken 10mm Napoleonics or 10mm Seven Years War miniatures... or maybe a few packs of the excellent WW2 Germans from AB Miniatures... ?
SquadPainter Christmas List gift to self myself Scalextric Maserati Trofeo
What a luscious toy. The front lights glow, and the brakes flash when you cut the throttle. I love slot cars.

What's on your list this year? Let me know in the comment area below.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!


Comments

Popular Posts