Seven Years War Swiss Eptingen - More Pictures

Here are a few more pictures of my recently completed SYW Swiss Eptingen regiment. The Seven Years War was such an interesting period in history... and it had such immense ramifications for the formation of my country. Without Britain's huge post-war debts the Crown would have never been forced to tax its colonies so heavily... and we know what that lead to!

I am still a neophyte when it comes to this period. I'm learning more all of the time. I recently picked up Patrick Duffy's "Prussia's Glory" and I'm finding it to be an enjoyable read. It is very accessible, even to someone like me.

Those GMB banners look grand! I like it when they are folding in the breeze. It was tricky to ensure that they looked realistic, but wouldn't interfere with the bayonets of the other troops.
Seeing them all lined up makes me want to pop my Blu-ray of "Barry Lyndon" into my player and watch it. Kubrick was amazing! I wish there were more Seven Years War films.
 Thanks for visiting. Feel free to add questions or comments below!

Comments

  1. Never tire of seeing such lovely troops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me the same - a great joy to see your little masterpieces - again and again!!
    Bravo!
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peter - Thank you very much! I hope my Prussian Fusiliers turn out as well as these Swiss. - Jeff

      Delete
  3. Very, very beautiful. Just show us more of such impressive units.
    Cheers
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike! You have some nice miniatures on your blog as well! Those Seydlitz Hussars are coming along nicely! - Jeff

      Delete
  4. I can only underline my former statement:
    Wonderful work on those!

    The Front Rank Brits have been ordered. As soon as I received them I'll let you know. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monty - Hey, that's great! Front Rank is a quality manufacturer. Their British Fusiliers and Grenadiers are particularly nice! - Jeff

      Delete
  5. This mix of yellow and red is amazing, excellent job and wonderful details...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phil! Thanks for the compliment. I was also taken by the Eptingen uniform when I first discovered the unit. The red and yellow look fantastic together. I knew that it would be a challenge to do the yellow as the coverage can be troublesome, but starting with a mix of yellow and tan made the initial coverage easy.

      The Seven Years War is filled with incredible uniforms. It is a wargame painter's paradise! They are peacocks on the battlefield. I'm just getting started and I am amazed at it all.

      - Jeff

      Delete
  6. Excellent work...and I got to see them every step of the way. Now we can bring them to battle via Maurice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! A Maurice battle should be waged soon. We should look into running a campaign.
      - Jeff

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts