I finished my Seven Years War Swiss Eptingen test figure yesterday and I am very pleased with the results!
Considering that I used many new techniques and ideas, I think that this was a big success. I was using my new Citadel paints, all colors and triads were mixed and I used my new Raphael brushes. The Citadel paints covered very well and the Raphael brushes were a dream to work with! Painting eyes has never been easier.
The image above is my mix chart showing my triads that I created. It looks more complicated than it actually was. Most of the triads worked out well (flesh, yellow, black, silver) but some need minor tweaking (red, musket stock, hair). The alterations will mostly be to further differentiate the mid color from the highlight. On a few colors they are too close in value.
That was fun, but now it is time to get cracking on the first stand. I have five others primed and ready to go. It is time to get painting!