Open Box - Empress Miniatures Anglo-Zulu Wars Mounted British Officers

While on a recent trip to Brookhurst Hobbies in Orange County, I was excited to see that they were increasing their stock of historical figures from the Warlord Games / Empress Miniatures collection.

Open Box - Empress Miniatures Anglo-Zulu Wars Mounted British Officers

As I spun the rack, I spotted a pack that I had to own: the Anglo - Zulu Wars Mounted British Officers: Pulleine and Melvill. These chaps fought in the battle of Isandlwana. One of the things that I noticed right from the start was that horse reins were not solid! Excellent!


The sculpting is very crisp. Look at the twisted line for the horse lead, the facial hair, the details around uniform and the mane and tail on the horses. The proportions are pleasing to the eye and I know that I will be able to get a good result from them.

Open Box - Empress Miniatures Anglo-Zulu Wars Mounted British Officers

While I was browsing the racks I also snapped up a pack of the cinematic versions of the personalities of Rorke's Drift! How great is it that we can pick up some of the more eclectic miniatures from our friendly neighborhood hobby store?

Comments

Popular Posts